This is where I come to be creative with paper, fabric and design.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Steampunk Tag Swap

Over on the "Beach" there are so many women and so much talent!
I hosted a swap and will post a video soon on the Steampunk tags that 8 of us did.
I love the tags I have received so far and can not wait to see them all.
Here's mine .....it has a little pocket on the side with the little card and gears. Inside it has a sentiment.....the flower has the black wire that you see on the top for the hanger with the black button......it coils and surrounds the flower along with some black netting....and the typewriter key. (this one just happened to be a "J"...LOL)
The tag behind the dress form is just a regular shipping tag (6X3) and I Glimmer Misted it and distressed it with Walnut Stain ink.....and "speckled" it with water. The tag in the back is the same shipping tag....I just blended the Glimmer Mist and inks a bit more to give it a more "uniform" look. I adhered antique brass ball chain with Glossy Accents. The dress form fits into a little pocket that I cut from BO Bunny paper.

The back has a funky leg that is stamped and the spectacle's are a rub on.


Can't wait to see everyones creations.
Thanks for stopping by.....hope you have enjoyed this beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jann,
    You just left a comment on my blog - The Comforts of Home - on an older post Aug 28 2011.

    You asked where I got the fabric for my curtains. I am not sure if you are talking about the red and yellow rooster toile fabric or not. I got that on line. Here is a link to Amazon with the fabric:
    http://www.amazon.com/Wide-Waverly-Petite-Ferme-Fabric/dp/B001U9IH2S

    Here is a link to my post with the finished curtains:
    http://thecomfortsofhome.blogspot.com/2011/09/master-bedroom-curtain-reveal-and.html

    If you were talking about another fabric, email me - my email is in my profile and I will let you know where I got it. Thanks!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete