This is where I come to be creative with paper, fabric and design.

Monday, June 5, 2017

Still in search.......


for the perfect Settee......I have went around and around thinking to myself what if.....no that's not quite right......but I LOVE the look of this....the fabric is fabulous....but not my color.....but the "frame".....OHMYSTARS....the frame is delicious! Recovered in my blacks, red and wood tones....it would be just plain yummy and would fit right in to my home. I could imagine my friends sitting here having an iced tea and we plotting out next adventure.
Then I think....no no no.....I need a bench....a real bench....but a warm and inviting one.


But the only place I have ever come across anything like this was at "Sweet Salvage" in Phoenix, AZ. And just how I would get it home....ummm...no there's another problem.

Sooooooooo..........something simple like this could work.....great lines....great seating.....comfy. I know where to get this and I love the "wing back" appearance....but no....its just not "right."

But then I always go back to something less "structured".........ah yes...the first one.


I think when you design and play and except change with validly....it is hard to make a decision on a specific style. Although my home blends and sees suttle changes in simple things as small tables, chairs , florals, pillows, fabrics and antiquities.....my basic pieces have stayed them same.

But what I tell my clients most often is to "play" and look for those small changes that can give your home a complimentary "adjustment.". Mix up your art, prints or collections. Gather them into a new surrounding.....a new cabinet you've had your eye on....a piece long overdue for a change of color.....a taste of paint. Mix it up...."un-match" it up....move it around....color up for accents....breathe in calmness with blending your colors....all is acceptable.....all is just plain good.

Whatever makes your home.....warm and inviting to you.....your friends and family. I think it should always give you warmth and comfort and allow you laughter and loudness.... peace, quietness and solace......now there my friends.....is good design.

Enjoy whatever you are doing today.....and remember to think "outside" the box.....you might just surprise yourself. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your time with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment